06/13/1969 – Lisle E. James gained two votes in the recounts of ballots today in the precinct of Cowanshannock, Western, for the office of justice of the peace, 4th Armstrong County District.
06/13/1969 – In a surprise move last night at the Armstrong School District Board meeting held in the cafetorium at Kittanning Senior High School, Mrs. Joseph P. Costanza proposed a resolution which would have, if passed, had the board throw out the “Modified Plan B” of the Long Range Development Program for buildings in the district.
06-13-1969 – L. Dan Montgomery of Cowansville has received the Doctor of Medicine degree from the Bowman Gray School of Medicine, graduating from Wake Forest University. Montgomery is the son of Mr. & Mrs. Lloyd D. Montgomery. He will begin internship training July 1 at Mercy Hospital, Springfield, Ohio.
06/13/1969 – The Cadet Drive-In Restaurant is offering ham bar-b-que for forty cents this week.
06/13/1969 – Sgt. William C. Turner, formerly of Templeton RD1, was recently promoted to his present rank. An aviation electrician, he is currently stationed at Cherry Point, NC with the Marine Fighter Attack Training Squadron. Prior to his assignment, he served with the First Marine Air Wing in Vietnam.
06/13/1964 – An East Brady girl, Cheryl Heilman, has been chosen to represent that area at the 23rd annual Pennsylvania State Laurel Festival at Wellsboro. .
06/13/1959 – Robert Tallie Davis, 30, who was sentenced to die in the electric chair for killing a Leechburg housewife, will be given a new trial here on June 29. .
06/13/1959 – Kittanning School District invited bids today on renovation of its Fourth Ward and West Kittanning buildings..
06/13/1959 – The courthouse annex on Queen Street was recently completed. The annex, purchased for $11,000 and renovated at a cost of about $11,000 houses Charles W. Sporney’s Civil Defense and Federal Surplus Food headquarters. The annex also is used for a Second Ward polling place and as headquarters for the Artificial Breeders’ Cooperative.
06/13/1949 – Craig R. Patterson of NuMine and Robert E. Pryde of Kittanning were among 235 graduates of Allegheny College to receive baccalaureate degrees this morning with the largest graduating class in the 134th year of the college.
06/13/1949 – About 15 children were sidewalk superintendents today as they watched a merry-go-round being installed at the Henry Shaffer Lumber Co. playground.
06/13/1944 – Relatives received word from the War Department that Pfc. Keith J. Held was killed in action May 12 in Italy. Pvt. Held’s wife, the former Dorothy Uplinger and his 23-month-old son Keith, live at Kittanning RD 1.
06/13/1944 – George Boylestein, young son of the Fred Boylesteins of Highland Ave., who had been a patient in Municipal Hospital, Pittsburgh, suffering from spinal meningitis, has returned to his home. He is greatly improved. .
06/13/1939 – Special festivities are taking place this week in Apollo Evangelical Lutheran church, to commemorate the 80th anniversary of the church and the 25th anniversary of the Rev. Martin L. Clare’s pastorate.
06/13/1939 – Employes of the Conte-Eastwood Company, general contractors worked at night shift last week to complete the pouring of concrete for the abutments on Freeport-Laneville bridge.
06/13/1934 – Allied post of the American Legion, Ford City, will join other posts in Armstrong County in making an American Legion memorial room in the proposed new Armstrong County Memorial Hospital.
06/13/1934 – Steps were taken by school directors here toward setting up a vocational shop in the Kittanning school system.
06/13/1929 – A recent Town Council ordinance, restricting Market St. parking to one hour, is being enforced.
06/13/1929 – Edward Martin of Fifth Ave., Ford City, was severely hurt when he fell into a pit at Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company plant.