The North Central PA Pheasants Forever Chapter 630, respectfully requests your presence at this year’s annual fundraising banquet. This event will be held at Aiello’s Café in Ridgway, PA on Saturday, April 6. Doors open at 4:30 PM and dinner will be served at 6:30 PM.
The value and importance of Pheasants Forever in the state of Pennsylvania has never been greater than it is today.
The North Central PA Chapter of Pheasants Forever #630 is a completely volunteer, nonprofit organization of area pheasant hunters and conservationists working to improve wildlife habitat on the ground, support our veterans, and introduce more youth to our great hunting and conservation heritage.
The funds raised by our organization stay with our chapter to support our many projects in North Central PA. Some recent examples of work done through your support are:
* To date, the chapter is responsible for over one million dollars of habitat improvements, including parts of State Game Lands 44, 54,195 and various public and private lands in Elk and several surrounding counties. In 2018, it is estimated that over 1,000 hunters and their canine companions visited the project areas, taking several thousand pheasants.
* Each year our chapter conducts an Mentored Youth Pheasant Hunt with over 100 young hunters and parents participating over two Saturdays. Over 50 dog handlers also participate in this event.
* Each year our chapter holds a Pheasants Forever Youth Outdoor event for two severely handicapped and/or terminally ill youth. We began this tradition in 2011 and have since taken eighteen youth and their entire families for an expense free weekend of outdoor adventures.
* Each spring, in conjunction with the Brady’s Bend American Legion and Rosebud Mining, we hold a Wounded Warrior Pheasant Hunt. Last year 9 veterans participated in a very fun filled weekend.
* In a partnership with the NWTF of Warren, PA we provide a yearly Veteran Pheasant Hunt near Veteran’s Day. In 2018 we had about 60 Veteran Hunters participate.
* Since 2017 we have also hosted a Veteran’s hunt at Delp’s Hunting Grounds in Clarion County. In 2018 we once again hosted that event but it has proven to be so popular we expanded the number of hunters we could accommodate. We hosted over 100 hunters for the two day event. We look forward to this being an annual event.
For more information, contact Tim Rowan in Brookville at 814-715-2754.