6/25/1968 – A new building under construction off Bunker Hill Road is the future living quarters of the Pauline Fathers Monastery, according to Father Mark, head of the order. The three-story yellow brick structure will accommodate the fathers and brothers of the sect. A chapel will also be constructed on the site at a later date. Many construction problems have confronted the fathers, who are trying to building the monastery as cheaply as possible. The fathers are doing some of the work themselves. It is hoped the building will be completed by Christmas of this year.
6/25/1968 – M. Paul Alexander of Kittanning MR10 (Campbell Manor) recently received a master of Theology degree from Princeton Theological Seminary. He is active in community affairs, including the Greater Kittanning Jaycees and the Kittanning Rotary Club. He was recently elected vice-president of the Pennsylvania Jaycees.
6/25/1963 – Richard G. Laube was named president of Armstrong County Memorial Hospital board of directors at an annual meeting of members of the hospital.
6/25/1963 – An injured Ford City Pittsburgh Plate Glass Industries worker, James Jageman, is “doing nicely” at Mercy Hospital, Pittsburgh, where he is being treated for deep lacerations of the face, jaw, and scalp.
6/25/1956 – East Brady- Louis A. Sprowls, pastor of the Berean Baptist Church of Kaylor and the Regular Baptist Church of East Brady, has announced his resignation as pastor, effective June 30.
6/25/1956 – Clarence O. Morris, longtime Kittanning attorney, died this morning in Armstrong County Memorial Hospital, with complications from a hip fracture suffered Monday.
6/25/1956 – Approximately 5,000 people were present for the opening of Valley View Heights, a new real estate subdivision on the site of the old Armstrong County fairgrounds.
6/25/1956 – Ford City- A Cadogan preacher, his missionary wife, and 3 children have one of the most unusual family ambitions since their church was organized in Armstrong County. The Reverend Robert Harvey and family are hoping to go to New Guinea as preachers and missionaries.
6/25/1953 – 5 area youths have been ordered to appear for a hearing on charges that they destroyed several windows at the Louden Tool Company’s South Water Street machine shop.
6/25/1953 – Kittanning police were called to investigate vandalism at Bowser Feed Mill, Reynolds Avenue. John Tarr, who owns the building, told police that several windows were smashed.
6/25/1948 – A violent wind and electrical storm lashed out at Armstrong County, causing extensive damage. The heaviest reported loss was in a 3 or 4 mile radius in South Buffalo Township, where wind unroofed a large barn, blew down a wagon shed, and leveled chimneys on at least 2 farm dwellings. The damaged barn was a 70 year old structure on the Roy Van Dyke farm, in the McVille vicinity.
6/25/1948 – Ford City- Charles L. Pella, 4, was struck by a car on 5th Avenue, and received lacerations of the forehead and right side.
6/25/1943 – Although a proposed road to the Linde Air Products Company plant south of Applewold will be first laid out as a township road, it is planned to have the highway opened, constructed, and maintained as part of the state highways system.
6/25/1943 – A group of women will be organized by Mrs. William Best to make a house to house solicitation in Kittanning for blood donors.
6/25/1938 – A former Kittanning one, now a designer in New York City, played an important part in the opening of the Swedish room in the Cathedral of Learning, University of Pittsburgh. Although not at the ceremony himself, Linton Wilson was honored as designer of the room on which he had worked since 1934.
6/25/1938 – The automobile of Mrs. M.J. Sutton of Kittanning RD one, dry of gas, was found discarded on a New Kensington street. New Kensington police recognized the car and reported its discovery to Mrs. Sutton. There was no sign of the person or persons who took the machine from in front of the Garretts Run home of W.E. Hobaugh.
6/25/1928 – Nearly 2,000 people were passengers on the excursion of the steamer Julia Belle from here Sunday.
6/25/1928 – W.W. Ellenberger, 65, a prominent resident of Washington Township, died at his home near Sherrett.
6/25/1928 – A new swimming pool was opened today on the William Gates estates property, at North Grant Avenue.