6/20/1968 – The jury deliberated a short time yesterday before they found David Eugene Cravener of Kittanning RD6 guilty on two indictments of burglary, larceny, and stolen property. Cravener was involved with taking liquor and other merchandise from the Twin Pines and potato chips, cigarettes and candy from Eberts Service station March 23 of this year. The two establishments on Route 66 were broken into to gain entrance. Frank Wendell Buterbaugh of 423 North Water Street, Kittanning, testified that he accompanied Cravener when the crimes were committed.
6/20/1968 – Greg Rupp, 14, of Templeton RD1 was treated in the emergency room at Armstrong County Memorial Hospital yesterday for a gunshot wound to the foot. He was shot in the left foot with a 22 caliber bullet while hunting groundhog according to hospital officials. He was treated and released.
6/20/1968 – A phase of the Ford City Borough-sponsored recreation program is now under way in the high school gym. Stanley Gladysiewski is in charge. The program is for both boys and girls in grades 8-11.
6/20/1968 – Carl Steffen, executive director of the Armstrong County Planning and Zoning Commission, told the group that it should maximize development in the Slate Lick area near the proposed expressway from Kittanning to Pittsburgh. Development will come into this area as industry will follow the path of the Expressway, Steffen predicted.
6/20/1968 – Dr. David H. Kohl, Kittanning physician, was named president of the Armstrong County unit of the American Cancer Society last night. Re-elected were Dr. Donald W. Minteer, vice-president; Mrs. Kenneth R. McClintock, secretary; and Daryl Johnson, treasurer.
6/20/1963 – Rev. Max Burton Conley of Ford City is the new President of the Mental Health Clinic of Armstrong County.
6/20/1963 – Officers were selected at a meeting of the Past President’s Parley of the Armstrong (Kittanning) American Legion Post. Named were Mrs. Leroy Smith, President; Mrs. George Rhodes, Vice-President; Mrs. Arno Thompson, Secretary and Historian; Mrs. Harry R. Rearick, Treasurer; Mrs. Henry Hudson, Chaplain; and Mrs. James B. Patterson, Publicity.
6/20/1958 – Colette McClintock and Ann Mays, both Kittanning teachers, are featured this weekend in the Silver Fox Theatre presentation of the satire, “The Torchbearers”.
6/20/1958 – Twenty-five fire companies are expected here (Dayton) for the Firemen’s Parade scheduled to begin at 7:30 tonight.
6/20/1953 – West Kittanning takes over first place spot in Eastern Section ranks. Hilltoppers defeat NuMine 6-0, Andy’s Market downs Tidal 1-0, and Seneca Indians trip Garretts Run 4-3.
6/20/1953 – Traffic on Route 422 between Kittanning and Butler will be diverted over temporary routes beginning June 29, so that work can proceed on the first three mile section of a four-lane expressway that eventually will link the two county seats.
6/20/1938 – A borough policeman planned to determine what charges, if any, might be placed against a rural Armstrong County youth who the officer was told had frightened an unnamed girl into umpping from a rapidly moving automobile on Market Street at 4AM Sunday.
6/20/1938 – A forty-foot motor launch of the United States Naval Reserve attracted attention in the Allegheny River here while the crew of ten men and three officers enjoyed shore leave in Kittanning.
6/20/1933 – Mrs. Marion B. Rupert, 47, died at the home of a brother, Raymond Turney of Garrets Run.
6/20/1933 – A Ford City band of 14 pieces has been organized under the direction of Jacob Ortman, music instructor at that town.
6/20/1928 – Q.G. Vincent, principal of the Junior-Senior High School at Farrell, has been elected to fill the unexpired term of R. D. Welch, superintendent of Ford City schools.
6/20/1928 – The Butler-Armstrong Area Council of Boy Scouts was organized at a meeting in Butler.
6/20/1928 – Cpl. Albert E. Nathaniel returned to his home in Ford City from France. He represented National Guard Company C as “Honor Man”, sent to France by Pennsylvania to participate in the dedication of World War memorials.