4/13/1968 – Armstrong County Memorial Hospital Emergency Room was busy. Roy French, 23, of Cowansville, injured his back when a car slipped from a jack and struck him. He is in satisfactory condition. Douglas Bowser, 3, of Elderton cut his left wrist on a storm door. Laura Crownover, 4, from Ford City was admitted with a cut left shoulder after she fell through a glass storm door. Crystal Tripp, 11, of Kittanning RD4 injured her right foot and toes when a rock fell on them. Terry Heilman, 14, of Kittanning RD3 cut his leg in a fall. George Davis, 11, of Kittanning injured his right hand in a fall from a bicycle. Vickie S. Stewart, 11, of Worthington RD2, fell while playing and injured her left shoulder. Bonnie Nunamaker, 8, of Mahoning injured her left leg and thigh in a bicycle accident. David Knepshield, 8, of Kittanning is listed in satisfactory condition with injuries to the left forearm and bruises on the face suffered in a bicycle accident.
4/13/1968 – Carl Fiscus, 43, of Cowansville died today from injuries received in a car accident on April 2. Fiscus was traveling north on Route 268, six miles north of Kittanning, when his car left the highway and overturned. He suffered a fractured pelvis and other injuries.
4/13/1968 – Armstrong countians apparently were crying in their beer in earnest last year. Beer distributors in the county during 1967 purchased 6,375,217 bottles and/or cans of beer from breweries, according to records of the State Liquor Control Board. Using the last U.S. Census figure of 79,524 represents roughly 80 bottles or cans of beer per man, woman, and child in the county during the year.
4/13/1963 – A. W. Senopole of Ford City was among the more than 400 delegates representing the rank and file of 6,000 leagues around the world who participated in the Sixth International Congress of Little League this week at Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York City.
4/13/1953 – In the final indoor match of the 1952-53 season, the Kittanning Pistol Club defeated Latrobe 1312-1175. Kittanning had already clinched first place in the Cambria-Indiana-Armstrong Pistol League, but yesterday’s result fattened their record to a mark of 10 wins and two defeats.
4/13/1953 – Judge J. Frank Graff administered the oath of U.S. citizenship to 18 Armstrong County residents.
4/13/1953 – Damage to the extent of $2,000 occurred when an auto went out of control and crashed into the home of Mr. & Mrs. Harry K. Christy, 809 North McKean Street, Kittanning.
4/13/1948 – A trickle of coal started coming from Armstrong County mines following John L. Lewis’s recommendation to his men that they end their 29-day walkout. The back-to-work march of the miners here and throughout the nation lagged as thousands of United Mine Workers became reluctant to re-enter the p its while contempt charges were pending against their union president.
4/14/1948 – According to voter registration, Armstrong County has 25,807 persons that are eligible to cast a ballot at the primary election to be held April 27.
4/13/1943 – Mrs. Daise O’Hare of 156 South Water Street, Kittanning, has been appointed executive director of the Armstrong County Department of Public Assistance with offices in Ford Street, Ford City. She replaced W. R. Bargerstock, who resigned at the end of March.
4/13/1943 – A final opportunity to register in Victory Gardening classes to be offered by Russel A. Strang of Kittanning High School faculty will be given when prospective pupils assemble in the school building.
4/13/1938 – Clyde Cramer will head Kittanning borough schools for another four years, as a result of his re-election in an executive session of the borough Board of Education. Q. G. Vincent was unanimously re-elected superintendent of Ford City schools for a four-year term in a special meeting of the board of education.
4/13/1938 – Closing of Kittanning business places between noon and 1PM on Good Friday to enable employees to worship in community services was decided upon at a meeting of the Kittanning Business Men’s Association.
4/13/1933 – McGuires Pharmacy, Ford City’s latest business establishment, opens this week in Scheeren Building (Ford Street) quarters formerly occupied by Ferguson and Burns, druggists.
4/13/1928 – Pupils in grades one through six in Kittanning public schools saved a total $161.72 in the school savings fund this week.